Most of the countries today are using the web-based system for driving license management. Driving license management system is basically about the management of driving license like online tracking and verification of the license of drivers. Just like many parts of the world, some provinces of Pakistan are also using this system for a better workflow and achieve the productivity.
This topic is organized in the following sections to assist the readers in finding the best solution
- What is DLMIS
- How to Apply for License in Punjab
- How to Track License Delivery
- How to Verify License
What is Driving License Management System?
Driving License Management System (DLMS) is the project of Government of Punjab to automate the process of driving license management, issuance, renewal and upgrades in the Punjab province. All these activities regarding the management of driving license are carried out across the province. The system has been launched to make the process of driving license management quicker than before. The basic aim of the DLMS is to centralize the all driving license management issues like challan ticketing system, availability of a comprehensive database, deal with vehicle-related crimes, maintain the database of vehicles of the province and a hub to cooperate with other government agencies.
How to Apply for License in Punjab?
An applicant with DLMS can apply for the following permits and licenses:
- Leaner License/Permit
- Permanent License
- International License
- Duplicate License
- Endorsement of a License
- Renewal of License
Required Documents and Fee for Above Mentioned Licenses
A – Learner License/Permit
- A copy of C.N.I.C
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any Post Office.
- Get a Code Book of Traffic Rules & Regulation from Traffic Police Office.
- Medical Certificate (for the candidates of 50 years or more). Download from here
B – Permanent License
- Application Form (A) within File Cover. Download Form A
- Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical Certificate
- 3 Passport size fresh Photo Graphs (Attested)
- An Attested Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Paste a Ticket of Mentioned Fee on License Document.
C – International License
- Required International Application Form within File Cover. Download Form
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- A copy of Valid Driving License issued from Lahore.
- A copy of Pakistani Passport valid for at least 6 Months with Visa.
- 2 attested photo graph (Passport Size)
- 66 Court Fee Ticket.
- 450 Bank Challan Fee.
Note: Applicant will bring his original C.N.I.C, Driving License and Passport with him.
D – Duplicate License
- Required Duplicate Application Form within File Cover. Download Form
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- 2 Attested fresh Photographs (Passport size).
- Report from Computer section for Computerized License or A certificate issued by relevant Post Office which expresses the expiry date of license.
- FIR (Lost License report) of the Police Station.
- Tickets will be pasted according to the schedule.
- Duplicate Fee! According to the Category
- Motor Cycle 100 Rs.
- Car, LTV 150 Rs.
- HTV 200 Rs.
E – Endorsement of License
- Endorsement Form. Available at center
- A Copy of Medical Certificate.
- A Copy of N.I.C.
- 2 Attested Fresh Photographs.
- Original Learner Permit of at least Six Weeks.
- Driving Tickets According to Schedule.
- 1st license will be attached.
F – Renewal of License
- Required Application Form E within File Cover. Download Form
- 2 Photo Graph Passport Size
- A copy of NIC
- Original Driving License
- Medical Report
- A Ticket of relevant License
- Renewal Fee! According to the Category
- Motor Cycle, Rickshaw 500 Rs.
- Car, LTV (PSV), Tractor Commercial 750 Rs.
- HTV (PSV) 1000 Rs.
Note: License is renewed for five years
How to Track License Delivery?
If you have filed an application for the driving licence then you can track the status of your driving license by simply providing your CNIC without dashes as shown below.
Online Licence Tracking System from here : http://www.dlims.punjab.gov.pk/track/
How to Verify License?
The driving licenses can be verified from the official website of DLIMS. The users are just required to insert their CNIC number without dashes and the data regarding driving license will be displayed. In case of wrong ID card or not registered driving licenses the message ‘License Data Not Found’ will be shown up.
Verify driving licence from here: http://www.dlims.punjab.gov.pk/verify/