The Directorate General of Immigration and Passport in collaboration with NADRA has finally launched the system for online renewal of passport. The system will be operational soon but you can get guideline in advance by visiting http://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk. Those having Pakistani passport the term of which has been expired or simply want to renew for other reasons can now enjoy this online passport renewal service.
E-Services portal can be used by anyone to apply for renewal of Machine Readable Passport, if the passport has expired or its validity is less than seven months.
Here is the complete procedure:
Documents Required for Renewal of Passport
- Copy of your Computerized National Identity Card.
- Copy of your Old Passport (First Two pages).
- Attestation Form for Minors (in case of minor).
- No-Objection Certificate(NOC) (In case of employee of the Government of Pakistan.)
Apart from the above documents , you may also require the following documents , depending upon the nature of your Application
If the applicant is less than 18 years of age, the following documents may be required in addition to the mandatory documents:
- National ID Card copy of parents.
- Copy of Computerized B- Form.
- Copy of Death Certificate if mother or father is passed away.
- Guardianship certificate.
If the applicant is an employee of the Government of Pakistan, the following documents will be required:
- No-Objection Certificate (NOC) for Government Employee.
- No-Objection Certificate (NOC) for Armed forces employee.
- No-Objection Certificate (NOC) for employee of Autonomous Body.
How to Start Applying
Before applying arrange the followings
- Supporting documents (mentioned above in documents required section)
- Photograph up to 5MB captured as explained in the Photograph Tutorial.
- Fingerprint form, filled as explained in the Fingerprint Tutorial.
- Valid Credit Card/Debit Card for online payment of your application fee.
Online Passport Renewal Fee
|Fee for 05 Years Validity|
|Fee for 10 Years Validity|
|Delivery Location||Delivery Charges|
|Passport Office (including Foreign missions)||Free of Cost|
Processing and Delivery Time
|Application Priority||Minimum Time Required|
|Normal||10 working days|
|Urgent||4 working days|