Home - Pakistan - MOFA Attestation Requirements, Procedure & Process
MOFA Attestation Requirements, Procedure & Process

MOFA Attestation Requirements, Procedure & Process

Those who want to attest documents from ministry of foreign affairs should be aware about authorities of the ministry and procedure and nature of documents that they attest. The main office of Ministry of foreign affairs is in Islamabad and its camp offices are located at Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi and Quetta.

 Its worth mentioning here that Ministry doesn’t attest the genuineness of the document or the contents of the documents. It only verifies or countersigns the attestation done by the other authorities like educational certificates attested by HEC or IBCC. In short Ministry verifies the signatures of concerned attesting authorities. These documents which MOFA verifies include:MofaTemp

  • Documents attested/issued by authorities of provincial, central and local government that are intended to be used abroad or submitted in Foreign Missions in Pakistan.
  • It also includes the verification or attestation of the documents of  Foreign Missions which are intended to be presented in Pakistan.

Ministry doesn’t attest documents which are in any other language than urdu and English. The documents once attested from MOFA will remain valid forever and hence will not need to be re-attested. It is pertinent to mention here that Photocopy or translation of any document will be attested when original document is presented or it is attested by a gazetted officer of BPS-17 or above.



Addresses and telephone numbers of authorized offices of MOFA are as follows:

S. No. Office Address Tel. No.
1. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Constitution Avenue , Islamabad 051-9207895                    051-9056524
2. Camp Office Karachi, Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, Adjacent to FTC building Karachi . 021-9204989
3. House No: 82-Shadman-II, Lahore 042-99268247                   042-99268249
4. Camp Office Peshawar , No. 66-C-1, University Road ,  University Town Peshawar 091-9218126
5. Camp Office Quetta , Room 28, 2nd Floor, Block 07, Civil Secretariat Balochistan, Quetta 081-9203155



  S.No.      NATURE OF DOCUMENTS Attestation Stamp (Rs)
(available from Post Office)
1. Nikah Nama (Urdu) Rs. 5 Seal of Nikah Registrar; copy may be issued by concerned Secretary Union Council or Chief Officer or Tehsil Municipal Officer or Executive Officer of Cant Board.
2. Birth Certificates(Urdu) Rs. 5 Issued by Secretary Union Council or Chief Officer or Tehsil Municipal Officer or Executive officer of Cant Board.
3. B. Form(Urdu) Rs. 5 Issued by NADRA or old B.form having the stamp of District Registration Officer (in original)
4. Character Certificate Rs. 5 Issued by District Police Officer
5. Medical Certificate Rs. 5 Issued or countersigned by Medical Superintendent of any Govt. Hospital
6. Death Certificates(Urdu) Rs. 5 Issued by Secretary Union Council alongwith ID card Cancellation certificate issued from NADRA or the concerned registration office.
7. Divorce Certificate(Urdu) Rs. 5 Divorce Certificate should be issued by Chairman Arbitration Council of the Area or the Court judgment regarding dissolution of marriage should be presented for attestation.
8. Unmarried Certificate   Affidavit                   Union Council Certificate Rs. 10
Rs. 5
Affidavit from Parents and an unmarried certificate from Secretary/Nazim Union Council should be attached with the affidavit.
9. ID card Cancellation Form (Urdu) Rs. 5 Issued by NADRA or District Registration Officer.
10. Driving License Rs. 5 Original Driving License has to be presented at the counter alongwith NOC issued by concerned License Issuing Authority. Only original NOC is attested. Copy of CARD driving license is also attested.
11. School Leaving Certificate (Urdu) Rs. 5 School leaving certificate of Class I-IX countersigned by District Education Officer and Class X attested by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC).
12. Secondary School Certificate Rs. 5 Attested by IBCC
13. Higher Secondary School Certificate Rs. 5 Attested by IBCC
14. Diploma of One year duration and short courses Rs. 25 These certificates first have to be attested by National Training Bureau (NTB).
15. Bachelors and Masters Degree Rs. 25 Attested by Higher Education Commission (HEC).
16. Degrees/Diploma Certificates relating to
Medical professionals
PMDC Reg., etc. Experience Certificates
Rs.25Rs. 5 All the documents have first to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services. The MBBS degree has to be attested by HEC.
17. Diploma of Paramedical professionals,
Nursing Diplomas etc.Experience Certificates)
Rs.25Rs. 5 All Nursing related documents first have to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services.
18. Succession and Guardianship Certificate Rs. 10 Issued by the Civil Judge of the Civil Court.
19. Special Power of Attorney from Pakistan to person Abroad Rs.60/- per executants, upto a Maximum of Rs.240/- Power of Attorney should be presented alongwith Succession Certificate and Guardianship Certificate. To get the attestation the executant(s) has to be present in person to sign the Power of Attorney or it should be registered with concerned Sub-Registrar of the Revenue Department.
20. Power of Attorney from Abroad to a person in Pakistan Same as above Person authorized in Pakistan has to appear in person with original ID card to get the Power of Attorney attested from MOFA.
21. Documents relating to commerce/trade Rs. 35 Attested by the concerned Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
22. English translation of all above mentioned documents Rs. 25 Translation from the approved translation house by the concerned Embassy/Department will be accepted.


  • The applicant himself/herself or his/her family member with authority letter can present documents at MOFA.
  • The person appearing on behalf of his relative is required to show his/her original ID card/Passport/Driving License/University Card/School Card/Domicile/Office Card or any of his valid ID.
  • If  a person has no family member or relative available in Pakistan to appear on his/her behalf, in that case the applicant is required to produce an authority letter duly signed by our Mission abroad to the authorized person to be brought at the counter along with other related documents.


Once the document is submitted for attestation on window the document is likely to be attested and returned within two hours after submission.


  • Passports
  • Domicile
  • ID card
  • Documents related to immoveable property (i.e Registries of the plots and agriculture land)

Drop Box Facility for Attestation of Documents at Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its Camp Offices 

In order to get rid of travelling long distances or disturbing relatives. Ministry has facilitated the general public, following courier companies have been authorized to receive documents for attestation (except Power of Attorney) from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and all its Camp Offices located at four provincial headquarters. These four companies are:

  1. TCS
  2. Gerry’s
  3. OCS
  4. UPS

Note: Expenditure on stamps to be affixed on documents will be borne by the applicant.
Note 2: In case of loss of documents courier companies will be responsible for that and will have to bear all the charges that is needed to get another original document.


Monday to Thursday:    8 AM to 1 PM
Friday:                        8 AM to 12 Noon

Check Also

Eid al Fitr 2017 Holidays Announced by Government

We all like to have maximum holidays on Eid either it is al-Fitr or al-Adha. …


  1. Postal stamps can be obtained from Camp office or need to be purchased from Post office before coming to Camp office?

  2. Hello sir how are you i want to attest my birth certificate from foreign office now i want to know that my birth certificate has hard plastic coating so how can i attest my birth certificate because of hard plastic coating ?

  3. Dear Mr. Ali,

    I need attestation on my daughter’s birth certificate . can i send through anyone above mentioned courier service companies?if so, what other documents along with birth certificate are required to be sent?
    Thank you.

  4. how can i apply my daughter grade 1 certificate from MOFA she want to go uae for grade 2. and is there any post office inside mofa camp office Karachi.

  5. I want to know about the procedure of attestation of teaching experience letter (Army public school) from ministry of foreign office .can anyone tell me

  6. Plz tel me teaching experience letter (islambad private school)attestation process step by step .waiting for reply

  7. Sir i want to attest my teaching experience certificate sir guide me what is the procedure.

  8. Hi good morning.i need to attestation of my marrige certicate from MOFA.
    I want attestation in english+arabic language.MOFA can attested in arabic+english?

  9. sajid mahmood

    pls comment if I can attest photocopy of my passport, expired and new passport from foreign affair? If any other attestation required before foreign affair? Further, can I get also passport content, affidavit attestation?

  10. bank statement is also attested from MOFA ????
    Plz reply urgently.

  11. hy ALI how are you

  12. Mohtashim Khan

    My degree was attested by HEC in 2008. Should I re-attest it again ??

  13. I want to attest my marriage certificate from where I have to go in karachi how long it will take and how much I have to pay if I want urgent

  14. Dr SIRAJ Ahmed

    What documents required
    For Attest the NOC
    A female want to go Saudi Arab for work
    Visa ( Housemaid).
    Saudi embassy required NOC from her
    Husband . Should be attested by MOFA
    Pakistan . So what document required
    For MOFA Attestation .

  15. Does anybody know, how long does it take to get document attested from Karachi camp office? Thanks a lot.

  16. Hey i want to ask that, i want to attest my educational documents, so i just need to go to MOFA and get it attested, i dont need any authority letter? Right, just me and my original documents.

    • IF they are already attested by HEC and IBCC only then..
      No need for power of attorney if you are taking them yourself.

  17. Dear Sir Madam,
    I want to attest my degree and marriage certificate from ministry of foreign affairs through by hand of my elder brother,while i am quite busy in UAE.

  18. he Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and all its Camp Offices at Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi and Quetta do not attest either the contents or the genuineness of the document. They only countersigns the attestation made by other authorities like the educational certificates which have to be attested by IBCC and Higher Education Commission etc. The Ministry, thus, verifies the signatures of concerned attesting authorities. These documents include:

    Documents issued by various authorities of central, provincial and local government which are intended to be used abroad or submitted in Foreign Missions in Pakistan

    Documents verified/attested by our Foreign Missions which are intended to be presented in Pakistan

    Further, the Ministry only attests documents in Urdu and English versions. Document or its translation in any other language other than English is not attested. Applicants may get their attested documents translated from the Translation Centres, approved by the concerned diplomatic Mission, in Islamabad and submit directly to the Embassies.
    Documents once attested, will remain valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.

    Attestation made by the Camp Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, Karachi has the same weightage and authenticity as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and hence, will notbe re-attested.

    Photocopy or translation of any document will be attested when original document is presented or it is attested by a gazetted officer of BPS-17 or above.

  19. Dr Sidra Abaid

    Could anyone tel me the charges for degree attestaion by MOFA?
    Only ticket price of 25 rupees or some additional fee.

    • Yes ofcorse axcept this no charges only postal stamps.

    • First of all get matriculation and intermediate certificate attest from ibcc interboard committee pf chairman and bachelors degree or master degree attest by hec (higher education commission) and then mofa (ministry of foreign affairs ) will attest your documents, for any further queries feel free to contact me

      Basit Ali
      Chairman Mofa

      • sir we should also verify the dmc or only certificate is enough for attestation of documents from board , IBCC and forign office ????

      • syed kazim shah

        sir i want to attest my teaching experience certificate…what should i do first?????plz reply

      • Sir kindly tell me whats procedure of attesting i mean foreign affair check my degree on ibcc or lahore board kindly tell me urgently

      • hello sir.
        My name is doctor sumeet, i am applyting for dubai residancy training program. they required housejob certificate also to be attested, but i didnot find how to get attestaion on houje job certificates. because HEC only attest degrees and marksheets not experience certificate. so kindly will you please guide me regarding this. i have completed my housejob recently from jinaah postgraduate medical centre karachi and also verified my certificate from the hospital.

      • Anybody plz tell me how to attest my Masters degree after attestation of HEC by MOFA by Post.Can i send the documents to Lahore Office instead of Islamabad Headquarter Office?

      • Salam,
        Sir I have attested my degree from HEC Islamabad and the mofa Peshawar. Now it should be attrsted from mofa Islamabad again or directly give to sasha for uae embassy attestation.
        From HEC attested on Dec 2015.
        Mofa Peshawar Aug 2016.
        Not I want to attest from UAE embassy.
        Please guide me.

    • jawaid gulfad

      yes only the tcs charges

  20. Kindly can you tell me that what is the procedure to get documents attested by foreign ministry Lahore office via courier companies??

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *