If it is hard to predict about Pakistan Cricket Team, then it is impossible too to tell about Shahid Afridi performance in any ongoing match. He can be bowled on the duck, but he can lead the team to victory showing one man show.
Shahid Khan Afridi who has been continuously enforcing by the Pakistan Cricket team officials and senior cricketers has announced to get retirement from the International T20 after the conclusion of upcoming three T20 series with West Indies. The series will be the end of Shahid Afridi from all formats of international cricket.
Boom Boom, Lala or whatever you may call him, in fact, has one of the largest cricket following. He enjoyed that status in cricket that other cricketers may have never had. Afridi debuted in international cricket on October 02, 1996 against Kenya. This man is better known for his aggressive batting style. He is undoubtedly considered as one of the greatest hitters and legends in the history of cricket.
Shahid Afridi about his retirement
“I have put no pressure on the board nor they on me but whatever happens it will be good and set new precedents,” Afridi said in a statement in Karachi. “I have always noted that in Pakistan there is no tradition of players retiring gracefully, even the big names. Every player wants to go out on a high, and I am no different.
“Players must exit respectfully since the ones who serve the country with distinction deserve the honour. I have had a discussion with Inzi Bhai (Inzamam-ul-Haq) who is an elder to me, and we will do what is beneficial to both Pakistan cricket and myself. This would allow players to decide themselves when it is the right time for them to retire gracefully and with dignity.”
Shahid Afridi Records
- Afridi held the fastest ODI century record for almost 18 years; he scored 100 of just 37 balls against then world champions Sri Lanka.
- Afridi was the Youngest Player to score and ODI hundred in his just second match. He was 16 years old.
- He scored a 100 against India in India of just 45 balls and another one against Bangladesh of just 57 balls.
- Afridi has scored 2nd fastest fifty in ODI cricket off just 18 balls, and he has done 4 times of 18 balls, 2 times of 19 balls and a few more times on 20 and 21 balls.
- He has the highest striker rate in ODI cricket history for a player who has scored 1000 or more runs. (116.26)
- He has more than 400 sixes to his name in ODI cricket which is by far the most for a player, and this is one record which won’t be broken for years to come.
- Most man of the match awards for Pakistan (33)
- Afridi is the only player to have scored a fifty and took 5 wickets in a game on three separate occasions.
- His bowling performance against West Indies where he took 7 wickets for just 12 runs is the second best bowling record in a match in the history of ODI cricket.
- Most ODI matches played by a Pakistan player (380)
- 3rd Heights wicket-taker in ODI cricket from Pakistan.
- Only player to have scored more than 1000 runs and 80 wickets in T20 international cricket.
- Best bowling figures by a captain in world cup history.
- The only player who took 5 wickets + scores a fifty-three
- Shahid Afridi Smashed 158 meters long Six, Afridi hit it against South Africa in 3rd ODI at Johannesburg on March 17, 2013.
- Only Pakistani and 2nd Player in Cricket history, Who Scored More Than 10,000 Runs and Took 500 plus Wickets in International Career.
- 1716 test runs, 7619 ODI’s runs and 1072 T20 runs.
Shahid Afridi Career Statistics
|5 wickets in innings||1||9||0||8|
|10 wickets in match||0||0||0||0|
Shahid Afridi Captaincy Statistics
|Afridi’s results in international matches|
Shahid Afridi Videos